|Year||Internal Revenue Allotment||Outsource Fund/ Donation/ Trust Fund and Others||Annual Budget||Expenditure||Balance|
Hon. RICARDO A. BUBAN
Committee: Committee on Health, Population and Social Services
Passed Resolutions: 2
Hon. NOEL A. MADRIDEO
Committee: Committee on Livelihood and Cooperative
Hon. GIDEON M. PARLAN
Committee: Committee on Finance, Budget and Appropriation
Hon. OBDULIA L. ASIADO
Committee: Committee on Education and Culture, Women and Family Relation, Senior Citizen Affairs
Passed Resolutions: 3
Hon. VICENTE A. BERJUEGA
Committee: Committee on Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Local Protection
Passed Resolutions: 1
A PROGRESSIVE AND HAPPY COMMUNITY
A fast growing diversified community in terms of economic stability, with a healthy, peaceful and God-fearing inhabitants, gainfully employed. A well lighted streets and low incidence of crime and well maintained fresh and green environment under the magnanimous leaders.
Progressive, Healthy, Well Lighted and Drug Free Community
The original Barangay of Cumadcad was found sometimes in 1876 when townsite of the Municipality of Castilla was transferred from Bulabog to its presents location during administration of Captain Felipe Latuga from 1876-1877.
During the period of time, a group of people compromising a small village dwelt along the banks of the big river are endangered due to the big strong and dreadful floods, inhabitants noted that the great portions of the soil were eroded due to very strong current of the floods water. This process was term in bicol by the inhabitants as “CADCAD” damaged by the River. Then finally the inhabitants named their place of residence of CUMADCAD and the big river traversing from North to South as Cumadcad River from time and thereafter.
Because of continuous accurance of strong floods and erosion of the soil was getting worst, the people together with their “Patroness, The Lady Most Holy Rosary” decide once and for all transfer the barrio site of Cumadcad River.
It was in the year 1928 when the late Silverio Lasap was then the 7th Mayor of Castilla, from the time of American regime in 1905 when barrio of Cumadcad was actually transferred to a site along the Sorsogon-Albay Highway at Km. 28 from the Poblacion of Sorsogon. Sometimes the new relocated site for Barangay Cumadcad is called km.28 which indicates the distance in kilometers from the capital town of Sorsogon. The Barangay of Cumadcad was then a squatter on a private property at that time.
Then on January 23,1930, a group of generous people, in the person of Basilia Lahora, Bernabela Millapre and Dionesia Millapre with the legal consent of Antonio Lahora, Anastacio Lerio and Teodulo Marino, husband of the donors respectively signed a Deed of Donation for the Municipality of Castilla, a site with an area 27,927 sq.m. or 2,792 hec. for the purpose of forming a barrio site, witnessed by Mr. Felix Diaz and Lorenzo Mirandilla, signed in the presence of the late Silverio Lasap and Gelacio Jesalva, representing the Municipality Government of Castilla.
From the time on, donated site was legally named as Barangay Cumadcad, Municipality of Castilla, Province of Sorsogon. The old deserted site of Comical was called Binariohan and presently identified as Purok Jasmin.
From January 23, 1930 up to and until 1987 there was five Municipal Mayors who governed the Municipality, wherein Ex-Mayor Alejandro Lladones from 1967 up to until 1987 who supervised the Barangay Administration of Local Government of Cumadcad.
At present, since 1992 Barangay Captain Loreto L. Mendoza was again re-elected as Barangay Captain of Cumadcad after serving the Barangay as Barangay Captain for the last 20 years. The seat of the Municipal Government was transferred to Cumadcad since 1969 to date, for obvious reasons in relation to delivery of the basic services to the people and with the end in view of uplifting the life of the people in general.
In Barangay Cumadcad, complete elementary school, and high school is accessible to school children. There are other government and private buildings like Vicente Peralta Memorial Hospital, The Most Holy Rosary Church, The Iglesia ni Cristo Church, the Seventh Day Adventist Church, the public Market, Day Care Center, Private Business Establishment, Slaughter House, Waiting Sheds, Rice Mill and other facilities.